Ovations365.com, Ovations Magazine and the Ovations Weekly newsletter are a division of the Macon Arts Alliance, a non-profit organization in central Geogia founded in 1984 with the purpose of maintaining the community arts and cultural calendar and charged with supporting the 60+ arts and cultural institutions which comprise its constiuency.
Ovations began as the quarterly membership newsletter of the organization, which included the community calendar among its pages. Later, an e-blast newsletter was started by Macon Arts Alliance to inform the community and promote the programing of the member organizations. In 2011, a partnership with Macon Magazine to publish the Ovations community calendar was formed. Presently, Ovations is published inside each bi-monthly issue of Macon Magazine, with additonal copies of Ovations published three times a year.
In early 2012, the Ovations brand was solidified with the creation of Ovations365.com which coincided with a complete redesign of the magazine and newsletter. This most recent expansion of the brand redefined Ovations as a media company which promotes and supports the arts and cultural community throughout the central Georgia region.
Like us on Facebook
- "Black Holes: Space Warps & Time Twists" at Museum of Arts & Sciences
- First Friday Reception for "Figures" at The Gallery at Macon Arts Alliance
- Sundown Screen Series at Central City Park
- "Ida" Film Screening at Douglass Theatre
- Fourth Friday: Sky Over Macon at Museum of Arts & Sciences
- Polar Bear Den at Museum of Arts & Sciences
- Toast and Taste at the Hay House
- Sky Over Macon at Museum of Arts & Sciences
- Running for Ronald 5.12K and Smile Mile
- Spirits in October 2014 at Riverside Cemetery