Ovations365.com, Ovations Magazine and the Ovations Weekly newsletter are a division of the Macon Arts Alliance, a non-profit organization in central Geogia founded in 1984 with the purpose of maintaining the community arts and cultural calendar and charged with supporting the 60+ arts and cultural institutions which comprise its constiuency.
Ovations began as the quarterly membership newsletter of the organization, which included the community calendar among its pages. Later, an e-blast newsletter was started by Macon Arts Alliance to inform the community and promote the programing of the member organizations. In 2011, a partnership with Macon Magazine to publish the Ovations community calendar was formed. Presently, Ovations is published inside each bi-monthly issue of Macon Magazine, with additonal copies of Ovations published three times a year.
In early 2012, the Ovations brand was solidified with the creation of Ovations365.com which coincided with a complete redesign of the magazine and newsletter. This most recent expansion of the brand redefined Ovations as a media company which promotes and supports the arts and cultural community throughout the central Georgia region.
Like us on Facebook
- Edward Eikner at Vineville United Methodist Church
- "Junie B. Jones: The Musical" at The Grand Opera House
- Post-Modern Masters
- First Friday Jazz Celebration at The Library Ballroom at The Library Ballroom
- Welcome To Our Home: A Tour Through Time at Hay House
- Friday @ Fresh Produce Records
- First Saturday Village Market at Mercer Village
- Kappa Komedy Night at Douglass Theatre
- Candlelight Apparitions at Cannonball House