Ovations365.com, Ovations Magazine and the Ovations Weekly newsletter are programs of the Macon Arts Alliance, a non-profit organization in central Georgia founded in 1984 with the purpose of maintaining the community arts and cultural calendar and charged with supporting the 60+ arts and cultural institutions which comprise its constituency. Macon Arts Alliance is the designated local arts agency for Macon-Bibb County.
Ovations began as the quarterly membership newsletter of the organization, which included the community calendar among its pages. Later, an e-blast newsletter was started by Macon Arts Alliance to inform the community and promote the programing of the member organizations. In 2011, a partnership with Macon Magazine to publish the Ovations community calendar was formed. Presently, Ovations is published inside each bi-monthly issue of Macon Magazine, with additional copies of Ovations published three times a year.
In early 2012, the Ovations brand was solidified with the creation of Ovations365.com that coincided with a complete redesign of the magazine and newsletter. This most recent expansion of the brand redefined Ovations as a media company that promotes and supports the arts and cultural community throughout the central Georgia region.
Like us on Facebook
- Mercer University Opera: Handel’s Alcina, Martha Malone, director; Richard Kosowski, conductor at McCorkle Music Building - Mercer University
- Behind the Scenes Tours at Hay House
- A Christmas Gala
- "Swinging into the Holidays with John Tesh" at The Grand Opera House
- Amphion String Quartet at Wesleyan College - Burden Parlor, Olive Swann Porter Building
- Christmas at Hay House
- " A DAZZLING DECADE " at Art on the Avenue Fine Art Gallery
- Poetic Peace Open Mic at Midtown Key Club at Midtown Key Club
- "John Berry: The Christmas Concert" at The Grand Opera House
- Windborne’s Music of the Rolling Stones at Macon City Auditorium