Shannon Whitworth Band Live
April 18, 2013
Acoustic Productions presents Shannon Whitworth Live in concert at the Juliette Opry.
The first thing that you notice about Shannon Whitworth is the voice: smoky, elegant, a bit husky, patient at all the right moments and equally adept at the phrasing of a jazz chanteuse; it's no wonder she's garnered comparisons to singers from Patsy Cline to Billie Holiday, as well as contemporaries like Neko Case. Then you realize what a stunning songsmith she is. In "Can't Look In Your Eyes," Whitworth conjures the dark heart that is at the root of much of the music of Appalachians, but her juxtaposition of the violent lyrical theme with her languid delivery, leaves the listener feeling the protagonist's devastating resignation to her fate. Shannon will be performing with her full band. This is Americana so sultry it will melt in your ears.
Like us on Facebook
- NT Live "Frankenstein" Encore Screening at Douglass Theatre
- Macon Octoberfest at Tattnall Square Park
- Introduction to Oil Painting at The 567 Center for Renewal
- Grapes of Wrath Fundraiser at Theatre Macon
- Lightwire Theatre’s Darwin the Dinosaur at The Grand Opera House
- Spirits in the Courtyard
- Friday @ Fresh Produce Records
- "The Almighty" Stage Play at Douglass Theatre
- Welcome To Our Home: A Tour Through Time at Hay House
- Season Opener: Fantasy Fare at The Grand Opera House