Shannon Whitworth Band Live
April 18, 2013
Acoustic Productions presents Shannon Whitworth Live in concert at the Juliette Opry.
The first thing that you notice about Shannon Whitworth is the voice: smoky, elegant, a bit husky, patient at all the right moments and equally adept at the phrasing of a jazz chanteuse; it's no wonder she's garnered comparisons to singers from Patsy Cline to Billie Holiday, as well as contemporaries like Neko Case. Then you realize what a stunning songsmith she is. In "Can't Look In Your Eyes," Whitworth conjures the dark heart that is at the root of much of the music of Appalachians, but her juxtaposition of the violent lyrical theme with her languid delivery, leaves the listener feeling the protagonist's devastating resignation to her fate. Shannon will be performing with her full band. This is Americana so sultry it will melt in your ears.
Like us on Facebook
- Mercer University Opera: Handel’s Alcina, Martha Malone, director; Richard Kosowski, conductor at McCorkle Music Building - Mercer University
- Behind the Scenes Tours at Hay House
- A Christmas Gala
- "Swinging into the Holidays with John Tesh" at The Grand Opera House
- Amphion String Quartet at Wesleyan College - Burden Parlor, Olive Swann Porter Building
- Christmas at Hay House
- " A DAZZLING DECADE " at Art on the Avenue Fine Art Gallery
- Poetic Peace Open Mic at Midtown Key Club at Midtown Key Club
- "John Berry: The Christmas Concert" at The Grand Opera House
- Windborne’s Music of the Rolling Stones at Macon City Auditorium