Opening reception for "Beauty in the Face of Destruction"
January 4, 2013
January's First Friday brings the opening reception of "Beauty in the Face of Destruction", a photography exhibit by Atlanta photographer Ross Oscar Knight. It has been over two years since the big earthquake that destroyed Haiti, but rebuilding efforts still continue. Knight, who spent time in Haiti helping with the rebuilding efforts, tells the story of the children, who he sees as the future and hope of Haiti, through this exhibit. He provides short stories alongside the photos to give insight into what he experienced and the children he met while in Haiti. A portion of the proceeds from this exhibit will be donated to Community2Community, a non-profit organization dedicated to the rebuilding of Haiti. You can learn more about C2C at: www.community2community.info
About the artist: Ross Oscar Knight left an engineering career seven years ago to pursue his dream of becoming an international photographer. Since then, he has traveled to five different continents to discover different cultures and the unique people within them, and to tell their stories with autheniticity and emotion. His images have appeared in various media outlets, including CNN, Oprah Winfrey, HGTV, NBA, Forbes, and Essence.
Join us First Friday, Jan. 4, 6-9 pm to see this fascinating exhibit, meet the photographer, and enjoy light refreshments. The exhibit will be on display Jan. 4-27. You can also learn more about this exhibit at a gallery talk with Ross Oscar Knight on Jan. 17 at 6 pm. The gallery, the opening reception, and the gallery talk are free and open to the public.
Like us on Facebook
- Middle GA Pampered Ladies Anniversary Celebration at Historic Terminal Station
- A Very Merry Holiday Pops at The Grand Opera House
- Ocmulgee Painters' Society Group Exhibit at Middle Georgia Art Association Gallery
- SHREK the Musical at Macon Little Theatre
- Cinderella at Theatre Macon
- AN OLD TIME MACON CHRISTMAS at Cannonball House
- Soul and Springwater Festival at Mellow Mushroom - Macon
- Christmas Hay Day Family Event
- Polar Bear Den at Museum of Arts & Sciences
- Fabian Concert Series: The Cortona Trio at Neva Langley Fickling Hall at the McCorkle Music Building - Mercer University