Opening reception for "Beauty in the Face of Destruction"
January 4, 2013
January's First Friday brings the opening reception of "Beauty in the Face of Destruction", a photography exhibit by Atlanta photographer Ross Oscar Knight. It has been over two years since the big earthquake that destroyed Haiti, but rebuilding efforts still continue. Knight, who spent time in Haiti helping with the rebuilding efforts, tells the story of the children, who he sees as the future and hope of Haiti, through this exhibit. He provides short stories alongside the photos to give insight into what he experienced and the children he met while in Haiti. A portion of the proceeds from this exhibit will be donated to Community2Community, a non-profit organization dedicated to the rebuilding of Haiti. You can learn more about C2C at: www.community2community.info
About the artist: Ross Oscar Knight left an engineering career seven years ago to pursue his dream of becoming an international photographer. Since then, he has traveled to five different continents to discover different cultures and the unique people within them, and to tell their stories with autheniticity and emotion. His images have appeared in various media outlets, including CNN, Oprah Winfrey, HGTV, NBA, Forbes, and Essence.
Join us First Friday, Jan. 4, 6-9 pm to see this fascinating exhibit, meet the photographer, and enjoy light refreshments. The exhibit will be on display Jan. 4-27. You can also learn more about this exhibit at a gallery talk with Ross Oscar Knight on Jan. 17 at 6 pm. The gallery, the opening reception, and the gallery talk are free and open to the public.
More from The 567 Center for Renewal
Like us on Facebook
- NT Live "Frankenstein" Encore Screening at Douglass Theatre
- Macon Octoberfest at Tattnall Square Park
- Introduction to Oil Painting at The 567 Center for Renewal
- Grapes of Wrath Fundraiser at Theatre Macon
- Lightwire Theatre’s Darwin the Dinosaur at The Grand Opera House
- Spirits in the Courtyard
- Friday @ Fresh Produce Records
- "The Almighty" Stage Play at Douglass Theatre
- Welcome To Our Home: A Tour Through Time at Hay House
- Season Opener: Fantasy Fare at The Grand Opera House