ANNUAL STILLWATER & FRIENDS REUNION CONCERT 2012
December 28, 2012
This year Stillwater will be holding their annual friends and family reunions at the Cox Capitol Theatre. Come out and join the band and guest performers as they celebrate the holidays with a spectacular jam session!
Stillwater was an American band of the 1970s, which played Southern rock with a folk flair.
Their song Mindbender charted in the top 100 singles in 1978. The band existed from 1973 to 1982 and was based in Warner Robins, Georgia. They released two albums on Capricorn Records, Stillwater (1977), which included the single “Mind Bender”, and I Reserve the Right! (1979). They opened for such bands as the Atlanta Rhythm Section and the Charlie Daniels Band. They broke up shortly after the loss of Capricorn Records. They reformed with drummer David Heck and released the album Running Free in (1997).
There is another rare live album entitled, “Hotels, Motels and Road Shows”. Only two songs are known to exist from the live album, “Out on a Limb (live)”, and “Mind Bender (live)”.
After the band broke up, Rob Walker enlisted in the United States Air Force Band of New England, Pease Air Force Base, New Hampshire. He is still in service, currently stationed in Active Duty with the Band of the US Air Force Reserve at Robins Air Force Base. He has performed with many musicians as a result, including pianist Kevin Joseph Barnett (Kevin J. Barnett). Rob Walker has since retired from USAF and can be seen around middle Georgia playing with Eddie Stone.
Mike Causey can still be seen playing around Warner Robins. Al Scarborough plays bass with a band called The Wall in Warner Robins and Macon Ga. Rob Walker occasionally drops in to play with The Wall, too. David Heck currently lives and performs in Denver, CO. Bob Spearman, who also played with The Wall, died of cancer. Jimmy Hall now lives in Byron, Georgia. Mike Causey, Sebie Lacey, Tony Cooper, and Eddie Store can be heard on Phil Palma’s Christian CD “Warrior”
Other Ways to Connect with this Organization:
Like us on Facebook
- Choral Society of Middle Georgia: Handel’s Messiah, Stanley Roberts, conductor at St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Cinderella at Theatre Macon
- SHREK the Musical at Macon Little Theatre
- A Very Merry Holiday Pops at The Grand Opera House
- Christmas Hay Day Family Event
- Soul and Springwater Festival at Mellow Mushroom - Macon
- Ocmulgee Painters' Society Group Exhibit at Middle Georgia Art Association Gallery
- AN OLD TIME MACON CHRISTMAS at Cannonball House
- The Angels of Christmas Art Exhibit
- Polar Bear Den at Museum of Arts & Sciences