John Berry: The Christmas Concert
December 22, 2012
Grammy Award nominee John Berry returns with his nationally touring Christmas concert to the Grand Opera House for this annual holiday favorite event. Berry’s 1995 album O Holy Night launched his annual Christmas concert tour, which is now in its 16th year.
Berry has had a string of hits, including Your Love Amazes Me, Standing on the Edge of Goodbye, I Think About It All The Time, Change My Mind, If I Had Any Pride Left At All, Kiss Me In The Car, What’s In It For Me and You and Only You. But it was his stunning performance of the title track of the O Holy Night album that led to his most enduring legacy, his annual Christmas concert.
In 1995, Berry’s single Your Love Amazes Me earned him a Grammy nomination, joining the 18 other hit songs of his that made it to the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. In fact, many of Berry’s albums have gone gold and platinum, earning awards from the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music. Still, for Berry, the Christmas concert is special, as it provides him with a chance to share his faith and, according to his website, he views his performances as part of “his walk with Christ, (where) his calling has been to share God’s love with his audience. Audiences nationwide agree, selling out each stop on a regular basis, and joining together to celebrate with song and good company what the season means to them — family, friends and faith.
Like us on Facebook
- Mercer University Opera: Handel’s Alcina, Martha Malone, director; Richard Kosowski, conductor at McCorkle Music Building - Mercer University
- Behind the Scenes Tours at Hay House
- A Christmas Gala
- "Swinging into the Holidays with John Tesh" at The Grand Opera House
- Amphion String Quartet at Wesleyan College - Burden Parlor, Olive Swann Porter Building
- Christmas at Hay House
- " A DAZZLING DECADE " at Art on the Avenue Fine Art Gallery
- Poetic Peace Open Mic at Midtown Key Club at Midtown Key Club
- "John Berry: The Christmas Concert" at The Grand Opera House
- Windborne’s Music of the Rolling Stones at Macon City Auditorium